The book “Law for Startups” is being released in the Malaysian market this month. Authored by experienced corporate lawyer (who was named as one of Asia Law Portal’s , and is the co-author of prominent legal website ), the book intends to equip entrepreneurs with knowledge of key legal issues most relevant to startups.
Marcus’ experience with startups spans the full spectrum of legal work—from advising on the formation of the business, hiring and firing employees, negotiating and documenting financing at all stages, all the way to acquisitions and IPOs. He strongly believes that entrepreneurs who build their businesses on the right legal foundations will be able to focus their time and effort on growing their startups to their fullest potential.
The book is written in a manner which should make it easy for non-lawyers to read and understand important legal concepts, and covers topics including:
- why you need a lawyer, and how to engage a good one;
- the right approach to legal matters;
- how to choose the best business vehicle;
- the basics of company law, including the relevant changes to the Companies Act in 2017;
- understanding a typical term sheet and shareholders agreement;
- fundamental employment law; and
- common legal issues faced by entrepreneurs.
Law for Startups is published by MPH Group Publishing and will be retailing for RM30.00. You will be able to get a copy at most major bookstores in Malaysia, including , , and (as well as via their respective websites) by the end of December.