The International Bar Association’s 2017 Annual Conference will take place October 8-13 in Sydney, Australia. Notably, the conference takes place as the IBA celebrates its’ 70th anniversary.
Widely regarded as the central event of the international legal community’s calendar — IBA’s Annual Conference — as the event website details: “Presents attendees with an unparalleled opportunity to exchange knowledge and create and renew a global network of colleagues and business contacts.”
The conference will also feature distinguished speakers. In recent years IBA annual conferences have been addressed by speakers including former UN Secretary- General Kofi Annan, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund Christine Lagarde and former US Secretary of State General Colin L Powell, among others.
Unique features of the conference include:
- 200 sessions on topics of high relevance to international legal practitioners culminating in a Rule of Law Symposium
- Access to the world’s best networking and business development event for lawyers – attracting over 6,000 individuals in 2016 representing over 2,700 law firms, corporations, governments and regulators from over 130 jurisdictions.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the key developments in your area of law which you can put into practice straight away.
- The opportunity to build invaluable international connections with leading practitioners worldwide, enabling you to win more work and referrals.
- World-class professional development opportunities – CLE/CPD
- The opportunity to acquire a greater knowledge of the role of law in society
- The opportunity to become part of the debate on the future of the law
For more information:
- To register to attend the conference please see the conference website at: https://www.ibanet.org/Conferences/Sydney2017.aspx.
- Inquiries related to advertising, exhibiting or sponsorship opportunities please visit the IBA website, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7842 0090
- To follow conference updates before, during and after the conference — follow the IBA on Twitter at: @IBAEvents or Twitter hashtag #IBASydney