The legal and business conference “Bringing It All Back Home – Asia and The City of London”, will take place 3 June, 2019, at The Law Society of England & Wales Head Quarters in the City of London.
“Bringing It All Back Home”, supported by the Law Society of England & Wales, the Institute of Directors and the American Bar Association, will be attended by senior in-house counsel, risk experts and company directors.
The conference will bring experts FROM Asia expertise TO you in a ‘off the record/ media free’ environment, providing the insight you need to make business decisions in the world of opportunity outside of The City.
With profound change comes opportunity
The Brexit-saga has now provided the United Kingdom in general and The City in particular with a new perspective. And Asia, the Middle East and Africa present the greatest business opportunities – and potentially the greatest legal risks. For example, London’s rush to become a major trading hub for the Chinese currency is paying off with trading volumes of the RMB eclipsing those of the pound against the euro for the first time.
Incisive Panel Discussions and practical Workshops will include high level briefings on essential topics, including: How to avoid Disputes in China and what to do when you are in one; India investment opportunities and risks; Singapore; China Belt & Road; Hong Kong as a Gate Way to China; Sanctions Risks; Regulatory Issues and Bank Resolution; Asia economic prospects; the impact of the China Belt & Road initiative – and more.
Confirmed speakers (so far) include:
- Key Note Speaker: Christina Blacklaws, President of the Law Society of England and Wales
- Brinton M Scott, Managing Partner – Shanghai, Winston & Strawn LLP Shanghai Representative Office (US)
- Charles Qin, Partner, Llinks Law Offices
- Dr Justine Walker, Director of Sanctions Policy, UK Finance
- Evangelos Apostolou, In-House Practice Group and Advisory Services, EMEA and APAC, Major Lindsey & Africa
- Gautam Bhattacharyya, Partner and India Business Team Head, Reed Smith
- John N.M. McLean OBE, Vice-Chair for the Institute of Directors (IoD) for the City of London and Board Member for the China Britain Business Council (CBBC)
- Kate Vernon, Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Mei Sim Lai OBE DL, Chair of The British Malaysian Society and Hon Secretary and Chairman of China Interest Group Institute of Directors (IoD)
- Michael J. Taylor, Director, Cold Water Economics
- Patrick Zheng, Partner, Llinks Law Offices
- Robert L. Brown, Chair, American Bar Association – International Section
- Sam G. Williamson, Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Stefan M. Gannon, Commissioner, Resolution Office, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Stephen C. Mavroghenis, Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Stephen Denyer, Director of Strategic Relationships at the Law Society of England & Wales
- Xiao Liu, Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Sir William Blair, former judge of London’s Commercial Court, Professor of Financial Law and Ethics at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary University of London, Associate Member, 3 Verulam Buildings. Member, International Commercial Expert Committee of the Supreme People’s Court of the People’s Republic of China.
With our twenty-one year history of bringing together senior business leaders, General Counsel and legal and compliance professionals, the In-House Community is proud to bring experts on Asia, the Middle East and Africa to you and other key decision-makers located in the United Kingdom.
The Law Society of England & Wales Head Quarters is located at 113 Chancery Lane London WC2A 1PL). Please follow this link to register.