John Grimley provides comprehensive outsourced writing, editing, research and strategy services to the corporate and professional services sectors based on more than 25 years experience. Representative examples of his work include:
- Assisted a Vietnam-based elite boutique law firm establish a law blog dedicated to Vietnamese law for foreign investors, multinational corporations and domestic companies.
- Assisted an AmLaw 200 law firm partner establish a blog dedicated to a national market in the MENA region, including ongoing editorial direction and research.
- Assisted a Southern California elite boutique law firm specializing in corporate M&A and securities law establish a law blog dedicated to these and other related specialisms. Efforts included the research and drafting of topical articles.
- Assisted a Mexico City boutique law firm establish a law blog dedicated to Mexican telecom, energy and other domestic legal specialisms focused on foreign investors. Efforts included research and drafting of topical articles.
- Provided editorial direction for digital and offline content creation to law firms on subjects ranging from corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, SEC compliance, private equity, energy, international trade, trusts & estates, corporate insolvency, EU competition, US federal regulatory advocacy, China’s One Belt One Road infrastructure initiative, French corporate, Brazilian public procurement, Mexican energy and corporate law, Iraq oil & gas and infrastructure law, Vietnamese corporate and finance law and Malaysian cross-border trade and investment facilitation.
- Edit and publish a blog and social media channels on topics related to the business of law in the Asia-Pacific legal markets.
Media Relations materials
- Researched and drafted media releases and provided follow-up media commentary for members of the California Legislature, British parliamentarians, EU-focused public affairs consultants, a US Am Law 100 law firm, an international non-governmental organization, an elite US communications consulting firm, US and European think tanks, US real estate development companies, and a regional elite boutique US law firm.
- Researched and drafted substantive responses to media enquiries on legal market trends on the Asia-Pacific region for the managing director of an elite regional legal and compliance recruiter.
- Researched and drafted talking points for the CEO of a China-based multinational company on US-China bilateral trade and investment for presentation to a televised US think tank event on the same subject.
Custom Proposals and RFP’s
- Researched and drafted custom proposals and requests for proposals and RFP’s for the CEO’s of multinational companies, small and medium-sized enterprises, heads of EU member state governments, senior government ministers in the MENA region, heads of national trade associations, heads of multilateral development banks and the managing directors of private equity firms, hedge funds and funds of funds.
- Researched and drafted comprehensive market research studies for Asia-Pacific region elite boutique law firms and international European and US law firms in support of their international strategic decision-making.
- Helped a London-based lawyer and specialist in sub-Saharan Africa infrastructure and finance law craft a custom written business development plan for a leading international law firm.
- Researched and drafted extensive corporate profiles for use by US lawyers in relation to international business development activities in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and Asia-Pacific.
- Helped a Central and Eastern European Region (CEE) attorney create a comprehensive written business development plan for a global law firm.
- Researched and drafted a report on Asia-Pacific region national economies and key industry sectors for use by an international law firm seeking to expand into the region.
Semi-scholarly writing and research
- Researched and drafted semi-scholarly pamphlets, newsletters, website content and topical articles for US and EU think tanks.
- Researched, drafted and edited semi-scholarly articles and pamphlets on behalf of British and European former cabinet level officials and parliamentarians on European Union governance issues.
- Researched, drafted and edited studies, legislation, proclamations, messages and correspondence on a wide range of domestic and international public policy topics on behalf of US state and federal legislators and one US President.
- Researched and drafted a speech before a major international legal conference for the Managing Partner of an elite Asia-Pacific boutique law firm on China’s One Belt One Road initiative and its’ implications for law firm leaders in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Researched and drafted talking points for use by the managing partner of an elite Asia-Pacific boutique law firm for use before a major regional legal conference in a presentation on trends in ASEAN region alternative dispute resolution for foreign and domestic companies.
- Created custom content for use by an elite ASEAN region boutique law firm for publication in a widely read regional legal news publication.
- Researched and drafted topical articles for the leadership of Asia-Pacific region NewLaw firms.
- Researched and drafted topical articles on behalf of professional services senior management teams for placement in major domestic and international print and online media publications and trade publications.
- Provided a US private equity group with custom content for use across both digital and print platforms designed for key audiences ranging from institutional investors to middle market corporate executives.
- Researched and drafted topical articles for use by an online news magazine startup focused on business solutions to the US private equity industry.
- Assisted an ASEAN region elite boutique law firm establish a content marketing initiative focused on foreign investors. Efforts included research and drafting of topical articles.
- Provided the publisher of a major US historical magazine with ongoing research and writing services in support of special publish projects about US federal government issues.
- Researched and drafted topical articles for online and offline use by a multi-disciplinary legal technology and outsourcing firm in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Researched and drafted content for a new website for an elite US boutique investment bank.
- Researched and drafted written content for use on and off digital platforms for an elite corporate boutique law firm in Singapore.
- Researched and drafted written content for use on and offline for an elite boutique law firm in Tokyo specializing in infrastructure finance, governmental relations, mergers and acquisitions and trade and investment facilitation.
- Researched, drafted and edited website content for an elite boutique Washington, DC public affairs consultancy focused primarily on federal legislative advocacy on behalf of domestic corporate clients.
- Researched, drafted and edited website content for the federal regulatory practice of an elite Washington, DC public policy and regulatory law firm.
Books and e-books
- Researched, drafted and edited a semi-scholarly e-book about European Union public affairs engagement for foreign multinational corporate leaders.
- Authored a 90,000 word semi-scholarly book on macro-economic trends and their application to the Asia-Pacific Region legal services markets for publication by a major European professional services sector publisher.
- Assisted a European-based legal technology startup create e-books focused on contemporary trends in law firm practice management.
- Helped an elite tax and legal elite boutique law firm in Maldives create an advanced digital marketing effort focused on expanding brand recognition and referrals in international markets.
- Assisted an elite Tokyo boutique legal and compliance recruitment firm establish a content marketing effort focused on establishing a thought leadership position in international legal markets. Efforts included research and drafting of topical articles.
- Assisted elite boutique law firms, legal recruiters, legal services sector companies, individual legal practitioners and law firm staff in the European Union, the United States, Africa, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific Region establish and maintain a variety of social media channels. Work focused on the dissemination of custom content to discerning audiences, market research, expansion of brand awareness, media relations and referral relationship cultivation.